Caprese Chicken & My Go-To Chicken Marinade


If you're looking for something quick, healthy, and delicious to jazz up some grilled chicken, this is it. This is a really light and fresh summer meal. And the best part is, you don't even have to turn on the oven! I threw together the bruschetta a few hours before dinner, then went outside to grill the chicken 15 minutes before we were ready to eat. To quote Ina, "How easy is that?". We love anything with tomato and mozzarella in the this house, so I know this would be a hit.


The marinade I used for this chicken is my standard grilled chicken marinade. I use it A LOT in the summer. It's amazing what a difference a little marinade makes. The recipe below was scaled down from the original quantities, I used this to marinade 3 boneless, skinless breasts, but it would probably be enough for 4.

Chicken Marinade
Recipe: Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard (I used regular mustard)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl, mix together oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Stir in mustard powder, salt, pepper, and parsley. Use to marinate chicken before cooking as desired. The longer you marinate, the more flavor it will have.

Caprese Chicken
Recipe: Adapted from BakedBree
Ingredients:
  • 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
  • 1/2 of a medium red onion, finely diced
  • 1 cup of mozerella, diced
  • 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped
  • olive oil
  • balsamic vinegar
  • salt & pepper
Directions:
  1. Add all the dry ingredients to the bowl. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste and combine. Don't be shy on the salt, it really brings out the flavor of the tomatoes!
  2. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar to taste and mix together. I probably used about 1/4 cup of each.

2 comments:

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I used your chicken marinade for our dinner last night. We loved the chicken - thanks for sharing the recipe!

:)
ButterYum

Brooks Autumn said...

I love this Recipe, I use it all the time!!

Post a Comment